Micrologix 1400 OPC Tag Path

I am preparing an Ignition (V8.1) Perspective project for an existing system. I have many OPC tags that I am trying to specify an OPC Item Path for. The paths will be to specific portions of Data Files within several Micrologix 1400s. The issue that I am running into is that without connecting to the PLCs themselves, the Data Files are not added to my OPCUA Devices configuration. Therefore, I have no way to select the Item path... I can type the path in manually, but this creates an "Error_Configutation" for each tag within the project. Is there a way for me to add the Data Files to my OPCUA Device Connections without ever connecting to the PLCs? For reasons that I will not get into, these PLCs are not accessible to be until the time of install.

If you know what the device's item path will be, then you can confidently add them to your Ignition tags, and ignore the configuration error. (It will go away when connected.)

At this time, there is no support for "preloading" OPC browser with item paths. If you wish to suppress the error during development, consider converting to memory tags. (The tag config for OPC will remain in place, for when you convert back.)

Thank you for the quick response! This will serve as an acceptable solution for me now. My main concern was being able to change tag values offline for testing purposes. Suppressing the error notification will allow me to do this while also getting the work of setting the paths out of the way.

@nminchin has a handy way to bulk convert opc to/from memory.