MicroLogix1400 Connects but Won't Browse

OK, I’ve got another oddity in my current project. While I was finishing up getting the sites online, I connected up the last location, which is a MicroLogix1400. When I try to browse the MicroLogix either in Designer or using the Quick Client, the browse times out. I can browse my MicroLogix1100s fine (as long as they are connected) but the 1400 always times out. Anyone else see this behavior? Thanks.

Edit:

Here is the error I’m getting. It doesn’t always throw the error, but when it does, this is what I’m seeing.

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Gateway Error 500: Read timed out at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:236) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:211) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:201) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.invoke(GatewayInterface.java:587) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.opcbrowser.OPCFolderNode.loadChildren(OPCFolderNode.java:51) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.tree.AbstractAsynchronousTreeNode$Loader.run(AbstractAsynchronousTreeNode.java:65) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method) at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(null) at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(null) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.providers.netbrowse.NetworkOPCBrowser$OPCBrowseParser.readRequest(NetworkOPCBrowser.java:150) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.providers.netbrowse.NetworkOPCBrowser.readFromStream(NetworkOPCBrowser.java:94) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.providers.netbrowse.NetworkOPCBrowser.browse(NetworkOPCBrowser.java:68) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.providers.DatasourceTagProvider.browseOPC(DatasourceTagProvider.java:144) at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.extensions.sqltags.DatasourceProvidingDriver.browseOPC(DatasourceProvidingDriver.java:112) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.SQLTagsManagerImpl.browseOPC(SQLTagsManagerImpl.java:513) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectLifecycle$ProjectDefaultTagManagerFacade.browseOPC(ProjectLifecycle.java:478) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.SQLTags.browseOPC(SQLTags.java:425) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor263.invoke(null) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(null) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(null) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.AbstractGatewayFunction.invoke(AbstractGatewayFunction.java:152) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.Gateway.doPost(Gateway.java:376) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.bootstrap.MapServlet.service(MapServlet.java:85) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447) at java.lang.Thread.run(null) Ignition v7.0.9 (b4963) Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_18

Additional info:

I set up KEPServer EX v4 on the server, and was able to configure an item on the 1400, run a Quick Client, and pull data from the register, so communications is not a problem between the server and the PLC.

Which version of Ignition are you using?

7.0.9 (b4963)

Please turn on the MicroLogixDriver and ABMicroLogixBrowseRequest trace levels to “Trace”, browse the 1400 and email the log files to support@inductiveautomation.com

Thank you

Sent. Thanks.

In the logs I see that the host machine (PLC) is aborting the connection.

Please try downloading the development release 7.0.10.5000-beta1 and give it a try. I am not sure if it is related, but a change was made to handle the ports differently.

OK, I’m planning to be back at the jobsite tomorrow, so I’ll try it then and let you know what I find. Thanks.