Microsoft Entra with RFID badge scanning Support?

I have a few questions related to using Microsoft Entra ID with RFID badge scanning and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has implemented something similar.

  1. Entra ID + RFID badges: Is anyone currently using RFID badges for authentication with Microsoft Entra ID? My understanding is that Entra doesn't natively support using a standard RFID badge/reader for authentication and that some type of third-party solution may be required. If you're doing this today, what vendors/products are you using?
  2. LDAP / Active Directory: As an alternative, we're considering switching the application back to LDAP authentication. I've seen some older posts indicating that you can't use "pure" on-premises Active Directory. Is that still the case?
  3. RFID readers: If we go this route, does anyone have a recommendation for a relatively inexpensive RFID reader/scanner? Ideally, we'd like something that connects via USB and can essentially pass the badge ID to the application.

For some additional context, this is for a manufacturing/shop-floor application where we'd like operators to be able to use their existing employee badges rather than manually entering credentials.

I'd appreciate any recommendations, experiences, or lessons learned.

Thanks in advance!