Migrate tag history when Tag location has changed

Hi,
I've been trying to maintain historical data in a continuous format but I ran into an issue when I had to change the location of my tag in the my tag data provider. The previous data won't be displayed in the trends or when trying to use a binding to access that data.
Does Ignition have a way to keep track of the tag location and automatically store the data using the same tag id. If I decided to make some changes to those tags offline(modify the json data) and re-import after the processing. Sometimes these tags get re-imported with a different tag id.
I'm just wondering what are the best practices to ensure I can keep my table clean, well structured and concise when I have tags with tag historian enabled.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Ignition+Database+Table+Reference
This is reference of the ignition dataabse, tag details and corresponding tagid value are stored in the sqlth_te table.

You could write your new tag path next to the correct tagid to adjust this. But modifying your database is dangerous, so make sure to have a full backup before changing anything.

2 Likes

This is a great reference! I tried to find something similar and couldnt find it anywhere.
Thank you so much!

1 Like