Migrate to Ignition Edge from Standard Edition

I need to open my protect that I develop in Ignition Edge Edition. How can I do that? Looking for guidance

You can override the Edition selection that is used on startup by setting -Dedition=edge in the data/ignition.conf file under the wrapper.java.additional.* settings. More general guidance here.

It would probably be a good idea to take a Gateway Backup prior to doing this, just in case.

The big gotcha is if you're using anything that isn't allowed in Edge. Multiple projects, database connections, etc? Had a guy try restoring his larger Ignition gateway with multiple projects, database connections, etc to Edge and had nothing but problems, so went back to a clean install, then just exported/imported what we needed. Plus it cleaned up all his "test projects" and stuff he was doing.

2 Likes

I followed this way. Exported the projects view and imported on Edge. I am having following error.

Make sure when you imported the projects that you created your pages linked to your views. I don't recall if this gets exported as part of the project or not.

I made it. I created a running test project on Edge and Copied and pasted the one by one views on Edge project. Changed the tag list name as default( because ignition standard edition tag name is default) So imported whole tag list. Updated the image library accordingly.
It is done. Thank you for the reply