Missing SDK Dependencies

I'm trying to update one of my modules to use the latest dependencies available. I'm having a few issues with some of the module dependencies.

I'd like to add:

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.inductiveautomation.ignitionsdk</groupId>
            <artifactId>tag-historian</artifactId>
            <version>8.1.33</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

but instead I've had to settle on this:

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.inductiveautomation.ignition</groupId>
            <artifactId>tag-historian-gateway</artifactId>
            <version>4.1.33</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

Also, I'd like to add:

<dependency>
            <artifactId>perspective-common</artifactId>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

but I've had to settle on:

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.inductiveautomation.perspective</groupId>
            <artifactId>perspective-common</artifactId>
            <version>2.1.33</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

I can see the dependencies I'm trying to add in your maven repository but I get an error downloading them when I run my maven build. The perspective dependencies are curious because perspective-designer and perspective-gateway seem to work fine with:

<dependency>
            <artifactId>perspective-gateway</artifactId>
            <type>pom</type>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

I assume that you are trying to build against Ignition Version 8.1.33. The modules themselves however, do not have the same build number.

Currently, my perspective modules build number is 2.1.35, and Tag Historian is 4.1.35. I am also on version 8.1.35.

I believe that the modules minor revision numbers always line up with Ignitions minor revision numbers, so I would expect the version numbers that you used (4.1.33 and 2.1.33) to be the correct versions.

Its more curious to me that the version numbers for perspective-gateway and perspective-designer work with 8.1.33.

1 Like

You are correct.

1 Like

Yeah so it works, I know I have the right versions, but it looks like somebody is intending to keep a reference of these that does match the Ignition build number.

https://nexus.inductiveautomation.com/service/rest/repository/browse/inductiveautomation-releases/com/inductiveautomation/ignitionsdk/tag-historian/8.1.33/

^ that above link actually references tag-historian-gateway 4.1.33.

I'd like this because I can keep a single project setting that can update all of my dependencies to 8.1.36 one day (my problem right now is I'm spending a bit of time hunting down all of these sub-dependencies from an upgrade).

The SDK artifacts have always been published with version numbers that match the Ignition release. They are usually just aggregate pom files that, in turn, reference the actual/internal artifacts for that SDK component using whatever the actual version number is.

The intention is that you only reference SDK artifacts, using the Ignition release version numbers.

You didn't provide an error, but it's probably because you're missing the <type> element specifying pom.

1 Like

Dear oh dear I always feel dumb after I get a few of these questions answered. I need to learn a bit more about maven I suppose.

Thanks Kevin!