Missing "undo" for many actions makes development extremely difficult

I found a previous thread about undo being notoriously inconsistent, but really found a nasty one while working with complex SVG’s. Deleting an element is not undo-able. Now imagine you accidentally delete an element or even more annoyingly, you copy and paste a parameter within the element and it “pastes over” instead of “under” - and can’t go back. I’ve had to re-embed and re-do many elements because of this. This really needs a ticket. Also, while we’re at it, maybe just don’t strip all the styles and stuff out of the SVG’s?

1 Like

I went ahead and made an issue for this. I suspect once reviewed it will get added to the “epic” tracking other missing undo actions in the Designer.

thanks! Honestly, just make it friendly to NOT use the designer! Seriously, I’m getting really strong alpha/beta vibes from it when all I really want to use is a text editor but perspective strips out every single thing I throw at it. Just let me keep classes and stuff. Please?

I got a message from Cody saying that a lot of them had already been looked at in the next release :slight_smile:

You mean 8.1.8?
Because until now there is no specific bug fixes for that.

I can’t speak for undoing a deletion because the testing for these was spread around and I haven’t had a chance to look at undoing actions in the RC, but this post lists some of the additons: Nightly 8.1 Changelogs - 2021 - #118 by KathyApplebaum

1 Like

This was fixed in 8.1.8

2 Likes