Mobile App Logging out in 10 minutes

Hello,
I have several clients ONLY using the mobile Perspective application. They are on both Apple and Android products (phones exclusively). They are stating that the application is logging them out after 10 minutes no matter what they do. The gateway has a 2 hour logout, which seems to work on laptops, etc. I cannot find any setting on a phone that would help with this issue to keep them logged in longer. Is there a solution/setting to configure the phone to stay logged in longer?

I can appreciate you say you have exclusively used the mobile Perspective application, but have you tested it on a regular browser to prove that it isn't a mobile application specific problem?

Also, when you say you have configured the gateway for a 2 hour log out, are you in fact referring to the Perspective project inactivity and session timeouts? Maybe take a look at the project settings here:

You might also find this post interesting:
[FEATURE-13370] Perspective login timeout and auto-relogin - Ignition Early Access - Inductive Automation Forum

1 Like

Simeonw, Thank you for the response. Yes, I was referring to and going off of the Gateway Network settings in the administrative console. I was not aware of the settings for the project. Thank you for your help. I will modify the settings and see how it does. Thanks again! Steve

FYI: Those are only for gateway to gateway communications, not for client to gateway communications.

pturmel, Thanks for that information as well. That is definitely not clear from the documentation.