Mobile & Linux

Hi!

Does anybody know what is the status of running the latest Igniton Mobile module on Linux? I have ubuntu 14.04 and Ignition 7.6.6 and I’ve tried several Java 7 versions, including 7u5, 7u13, 7u25, 7u40 and 7u55 with no success. Attachment shows the error log what happens on mobile launch.

regards
-Heikki

AFAIK, the mobile module should be fine with your set up. (I’m setting up a VM to double check.)

Recently a customer reported a similar problem, and it appeared to be caused by a known memory leak in his web browser. Are you running a headless version of Ubuntu? What browser(s) are you using for the mobile module? Is the browser on your gateway computer (ie for testing), or on a different machine? Also, how much memory is on this machine?

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

Our Ubuntu server (codename trusty) is running on virtual environment and hosted by the service provider, so it’s basically headless, but I’ve istalled VNC server with xfce desktop on it, so I can run TightVNC client from windows and connect to server and use GUI normally. I’ve also tested to launch the mobile project locally using Firefox through the VNC connection, but the error message is identical compared the one if I connect Ignition server from the public internet. I’ve also tried to change loopback address, port and other settings from the mobile configuration page, also run Ignition as root, but no success.

From what I’ve read from the previous mobile posts, I have feeling that this issue still has something to do with x-server connections.

Server has 4GB of memory.

Browsers that I’ve tested: Firefox, IE and Chrome

Heikki

I had a feeling you were going to say it was headless. That error in mobiledata/rects sounded too familiar.

I’ll try to see if I can set up an environment that reproduces the problem. I did test 7.6.6 and mobile with Ubuntu 14 in a VM yesterday, and had no problems as long as I had more than one gig of RAM (which you do).

Just to check, have you followed all the set up steps in this knowledge base article? Where I’ve seen that error before was when a Linux gateway using the mobile module was restarted and steps 2 & 5 had been skipped.

Hi!

Thank you very much! I actually had never seen that link to “Knowledge Base” you send, and after reading it, it was obvious that mobile module wouldn’t work without those adds. So now the mobile works with Ignition using java “Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_05” and mobile using java “jre1.7.0_40”.

regards
-Heikki

Glad to hear it’s working for you now!