Mobile module - click event problem

I noticed this problem on 7.4.3-beta1 and 7.5.0.

I’m using the Mobile Skeleton project. When in one of the “Main Windows”, clicking anywhere on the screen will cause the “Back” button to fire, and will return to the Navigation screen. Seems like the event coordinates are not matched to just the Back button.

This causes unwanted navigation actions when accidentally touching the screen, or e.g. attempting to click on a small component and missing.

Tested on Android 4.0, BlackBerry OS 6, and Firefox.

Cheers
Ivan

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, this is confirmed to be a bug. I’m having a developer look at it and we will keep you posted.

Thanks James!

Has this problem been fixed yet? We have spinners on some pages to adjust set point values in our mobile project but when pressing them on the iphone sometimes they work…and then all of the sudden if you press one it sends you back to the main Navigation Screen. So it’s hard to set a value when it is hit and miss on whether or not you can set your value before you are unintentionally brought back to the main navigation screen.

If we remove the home button and just use our own back buttons we created would this possibly remedy the problem?

The fix for the issue this thread was originally opened for is still in progress. Did you use the skeleton project to build your mobile app?

Yes we did use the skeleton project…we liked the layout and just modified it for our application and look…but we dont understand while you may be pages in on a setpoints page for instance trying to change setpoints and then all the sudden you are are returned to the main screen when pressing a button that has no link associated with switching windows.

Can you upload your project so we can take a look at it? If you don’t feel comfortable attaching it to a post in the forum, you can e-mail it in to support@inductiveautomation.com.

Here is a copy of the mobile project file…
Endeavor_Mobile_2012-09-04_1606.proj (272 KB)

Thanks for the upload, I will take a look at it and get back to you.

I have confirmed that this bug still exists. I will let the developers know about it.

For what it’s worth, I removed the home button from the skeleton project and replaced it with a label with a mouseClicked event (using “swapTo” to go back to the navigation screen) and it seems to fix the problem. Try removing that home button and replace it with some other component and see if that works for you.

Thanks…yea we tried that and figured that might fix the problem before the post but wanted to be sure that is what it was that was causing the problem…and any updates on a reason or fix would be much appreciated…thanks for your time looking into this.

Glad you got it fixed. If there are any updates about this issue, they will be posted in this thread.