Mobile Module Documentation

Have I missed a part of the manual or is there something more comprehensive on the entire mobile module?

There are numerous settings and a lot of information that I have only been able to find in the forums, but nothing that actually takes you through the setup and other information that would make this a heck of a lot easier to work with and understand.

Some of the issues I have include:

Launching the mobile menu works the 1st time, but If I run a project and then want to run another by going back to the menu, I am continuously taken back to the project I just ran.

The VNC integration and settings… mentions of it, but nothing that tells me what it’ll do for me or how to use it.

Screen sizing for various devices.

The on screen wheel… never really seems to work for me.

The only way I found how to get to the mobile menu was by searching the forums…

etc…

I am hoping I missed something somewhere cause this module isn’t cheap and I rely on good documentation so that I don’t have to call for stupid-simple support questions… I like to be self sufficient … And I don’t have a lot of time to sit on the forums looking for something that closely resembles what I need to know…

Mobile access is becoming more and more important at my place and I have quite a few people asking for things, but I find it difficult due to a lack of documentation that is readily accessible.

Am I missing something here?

These sorts of applications will only continue to become more accessible as demand and technology for them increase, I was able to get the mobile module to work on a samsung tablet using firefox however. none of my other devices would work without the strange user wheel.

I was having trouble using the mobile module in chrome on a tablet running windows 7 professional, The wheel thingy would work once and then disappear. I’ll try firefox, thanks!

[color=#0000FF]> Launching the mobile menu works the 1st time, but If I run a project and then want to run another by going back to the menu, I am continuously taken back to the project I just ran.[/color]

You need to exit your current application before loading another. Using the back button is not encouraged. The wheel menu has an exit option.

[color=#0000FF]> The VNC integration and settings… mentions of it, but nothing that tells me what it’ll do for me or how to use it.[/color]

When you turn it on, you can connect to the Gateway using a VNC client as opposed to the web interface. This feature is fairly experimental: not all VNC clients work and we have no control over them, so YMMV.

[color=#0000FF]> Screen sizing for various devices.[/color]

You can either have the project fit itself to the size of the device or use a fixed viewport. Standard component layout technique comes into play here.

[color=#0000FF]> The on screen wheel… never really seems to work for me. [/color]

Can you describe this better? What doesn’t work about it? It should pop up when you press-and-hold.

[color=#0000FF]> The only way I found how to get to the mobile menu was by searching the forums…[/color]

Which mobile menu? The mobile site should come up automatically when connecting with a mobile device.

[color=#0000FF]> … I rely on good documentation so that I don’t have to call for stupid-simple support questions… I like to be self sufficient[/color]

I appreciate this sentiment. All I can say is we’re currently working on the documentation situation.