Mobile module V1.x

i have ignition 7.5.5 (b1255) with Mobile module v1.xx

• is mobile module new ver. will work with ver 7.5.5??
  • from where i can download previous mobile module ver 1.x ??
  • can i upgrade my plat from from v5.5 to v6.x??
    thanks
    Tamer

You should upgrade to 7.5.11 if you want to use the newer mobile module.

Upgrading from 7.5.x to 7.6.x is something you should talk to your sales rep about first.

Which Java verision mobile module will work?? is it work with Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_32 ??
Thanks
Tamer

Hi,
i upgrade the system to 7.5.11 (b1526) . the new mobile module version 1.6.4 (b2013112117) not working .it give me Trail (Fault).
when i upload old module version (1.5.6 (b239)) it working fine.Please advise
Thanks
Tamer

Because the modules are tied in to features in the platform, newer module versions don’t work with older platforms, and vice versa. If you’re using version 7.5.x of Ignition, you’ll need a version 1.5.x of the mobile module. When you upgrade to version 7.6.x of Ignition, you’ll need to use version 1.6.x of the mobile module.

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”]You should upgrade to 7.5.11 if you want to use the newer mobile module.

Upgrading from 7.5.x to 7.6.x is something you should talk to your sales rep about first.[/quote]
Hi Kathy
as per kevin .i upgrade platform from v5.5.5 to v5.5.11 and new mobile module not working?

also, which jave version the mobile module will work ??

Thanks
Tamer

i faced this problem after upgrade java from ver 6 to latest ver7
we used ignition v 7.5.11
i removed java version7 and used ver 1.6.0_32 and still give me same error(screen shot attached)
Thanks
Tamer

I see our online docs haven’t been updated yet. The mobile module does require Java 7 (the rest of Ignition and the other modules work with Java 6 or 7).

Best,

hi Kathy
even i install java 7. it gave me same error
what’s the jave 7 version should work fine with ignition v5.5.11
regards,
Tamer

I’d say your best bet is to call or email Tech Support.

viewtopic.php?p=41528#p41528

[quote=“Robert.McKenzie”]This sounds like a problem with the version of Java you’re using, and there is a setting specifically for what version of java the mobile module uses. You can find it in the Ignition Gateway in the Configure section under Mobile -> Settings. You should make sure that the Java Path is set to something like ‘C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe’

If that’s set to the correct path, then you can try clearing the Java cache on the computer Ignition is installed on.[/quote]