Modbus help

This is my problem. I have to get the parameters from this power meter PM 5300 from Schneider-electric ( schneider-electric.com/en/fa … 78b7d1a943 ) using Modbus TCP and Ignition. I managed to connect the device using Wifi to Ignition.

print screen

But cannot get the live parameters on Ignition designer. I tried entering the registers in address section but still all the parameters are having the value null.

image free hosting

How can I solve this problem?

Please help me

Thanks

tmkfernando

what registers are you trying to read? 3204 to 3207 looks like forward Wh as a 64 bit INT, try changing the type to a Holding Register (INT64). this should give you one tag.

Just remember there are various implementations of the Modbus protocol. this device may not use zero based addressing and the bit ordering may be different.

[quote=“Chris Taylor”]tmkfernando

what registers are you trying to read? 3204 to 3207 looks like forward Wh as a 64 bit INT, try changing the type to a Holding Register (INT64). this should give you one tag.

Just remember there are various implementations of the Modbus protocol. this device may not use zero based addressing and the bit ordering may be different.[/quote]

What should i enter for prefix , modbuss address, step and the unit id?

Thanks

tmkfernando

Prefix doesn’t matter, that’s part of the naming in Ignition
Modbus address is correct, (if you’re looking for Wh)
for this type Int64 the step should be 4 (it ranges over 4 addresses) but as your are only reading one then it won’t matter,
The Unit ID is the modbus device ID of the unit you are reading, I can’t tell you what that is. However if it is a TCP device, i.e has a direct Ethernet connection (this seems to be optional with the 5300) it may not matter, look at the device configuration.