Modbus only working in Quick Client

I have kind of a weird problem with a new Modbus TCP device. The device is configured and I’ve set up tags using address mapping. When I use the Quick Client and trigger a read, it reads fine. I’m monitoring traffic with Wireshark, and I see the connection, request, and response.

But in the Designer, the tags are all null with a quality of Unknown. I’ve tried using the address mapping syntax for the tag and also manual addressing, with and without the unit id. Wireshark shows no traffic on port 502.

Also, when I set up a subscription in Quick Client, it’s always null. But a single read works fine.

This is in Ignition 7.9.7.

Usually for troubleshooting stuff like this it helps to delete the mapping and disable or delete all tags you’ve defined in Ignition except for one that you’re confident should have the right address and focus on that.

In this case it seems like you should just have one tag with an OPC Item Path of [eaoModbusTest]IR0. I assume you’ve got the driver configured for zero-based addressing as well?

It looks like restarting the OPC-UA module fixed this problem. Restarting the Modbus module wasn’t enough. Subscriptions in the Quick Client as well as creating new tags in the tag browser with manual addressing both work now.