Modules in 7.8

What do I need to do in my module to make it work in a 7.8 gateway?

I see this message now:
Faulted
API Version Mismatch

You need to increment the requiredFrameworkVersion and update requiredIgnitionVersion to 7.8.0 in your module.xml file and then rebuild the module.

How can I make it work both on 7.7 and 7.8?

You’ll need two different modules.

We use separate branches for major Ignition versions in our source control system to manage this.

Hello, i’m facing the same problem. When we upgraded to 7.7 i had this message but i managed to recompile the module using Eclipse with the new gateway api jar.
However i can’t find this jar for the 7.8 version and i didn’t realy get how the new Ignition SDK works.

I tried to simply increment the requiredignition version to 7.8.0 and the requiredframeworkversion to 7 but i still have the message API Version Mismatch.

[quote=“pascal”]Hello, i’m facing the same problem. When we upgraded to 7.7 i had this message but i managed to recompile the module using Eclipse with the new gateway api jar.
However i can’t find this jar for the 7.8 version and i didn’t realy get how the new Ignition SDK works.

I tried to simply increment the requiredignition version to 7.8.0 and the requiredframeworkversion to 7 but i still have the message API Version Mismatch.[/quote]

Did you check the contents of the module after it was built and make sure module.xml had the correct versions in it?

Hello,

When i opened my .xml file with Eclipse i did a copy of the file and not a “link” between Eclipse and my source file. I managed to get the module working by simply modifying the .xml source file.

About this subject, when will the new SDK be available as a package to dowload as is the 7.7.5 SDK ?

We’re not packaging and distributing the SDK like that any more. The examples are all available on Github and the documentation is available here.

If you really need it for some reason, you can use this project to assemble a zip file that contains all the SDK API jars and all transitive dependencies.

I’m testing it right now…

With ANT system, the running module was swapped with the newly build one. It seams not to be the case any more ?

The build module creates a empty jar, is that normal ?

maven checks for a update of the SDK libraries at each build, and this to a path that is unreachable through our entreprise proxy. Is there a way to avoid this ?

running mvn install should do the same thing. Make sure your ignition-maven-plugin is version 1.0.9, I think it was broken in earlier versions.

The build module's pom should probably have a pom entry so it doesn't get built, but it's not harming anything.

Offline mode, mvn -o

Closing this topic up as it’s deviated from the topic of the original post. Please start new threads.