Monitor Gateway CPU and memory with Java Mission Control

Hi,

As title states is there a way to monitor the CPU and memory usage using Java Mission Control tools? I know I am able to do this with clients. However, when running JMC I do not see process for the gateway.

The primary reason we are doing this is to capture a spike in memory usage we experienced. When we have the gateway running it typically uses 600mb of memory. Twelve hours in we see the gateway memory spike to 2GB within a few minutes. We are currently trying to figure out what caused the spike.

Which is why we want to use JMC tools to monitor and if needed do memory dump.

Thanks,

Ken

Sure, look for “org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp com.inductiveautomation.catapult.Catapult”

If you’re still not seeing it, try launching jmc as administrator.

Just confirming when you say "“org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp com.inductiveautomation.catapult.Catapult”

Do you mean I need to comment them out of the ignition.conf file?

No, I’m not sure what you’re talking about now.

Ok I think I have a setting missing when I run JMC as admin I only see 1 java process (JVM running mission control)

I may be missing some extra configurations?

Have you looked at the tags in:
[System]Gateway/Performance

Thanks,

Unfortunately, it only gives a number regarding performance

I am looking for ability to do a heap dump of memory to try and track what caused the memory to suddenly jump in out gateway

Oracle’s jmap tool is pretty handy, particularly in histogram mode. But fair warning: each such probe will create a brief pause in the application. Pretty sure that’s true of all tools that use Java’s debug interfaces to analyze memory consumption.