Mostly functioning SFC shows abortCause java.lang.Exception: compilation error in </td> </tr> </table>

I have an SFC that runs for the most part (it fails when trying to run sequentially, due to this bug). Even when it is "working" it shows an abortCause in the Chart Monitoring window of java.lang.Exception: compilation error in </td> </tr> </table>. This is obviously of not a lot of help, so I am wondering what other threads I can pull in order to try to figure out what is going wrong here. I probably have a typo somewhere, but I can't find it!

Also, is there a way to see the entire exception in this window or even via a popup? I currently have to copy paste the field out of the Designer into a notepad even to read it. The console apparently wont hang out while I am in the SFC editor, so that isn't an option for finding errors!

Thanks

I am having this issue too!

I am not seeing any issues in either the gateway logger or console logger.

So I may have found the culprit. For each SFC that presents this error (in my case, I made a 'template' SFC that I duplicated multiple times) go to the Element Properties. Verify for each Event Script event, the script included the keyword 'pass' if there is no code being implemented.

Screenshot_20230418-214709-676
The On Abort icon choice is great :+1:

In my case, all of the SFCs' OnAbort events perform some clean up and write to the Logger. However, my issue(s) arose when my SFC ran to completion-- it would Abort after the SFC ended due to the SFC's 'On Stop' call (which I assume is always triggered at the END segment of an SFC). The code snippet below resulted in the Script Error.

#SFC On Stop
def onStart(chart):

and this did not:

#SFC On Stop
def onStart(chart):
    pass
1 Like