MouseEnter event (Tooltip)

perspective
ignition80

Hi,

I have created a motor component displaying motor faults on an Overview Page.As there is a number of motors that exist on the page I am trying to configure a tooltip event to indicate the number of motor that appears every time on the screen. My approach is by configuring a popup event every time a motor appears on the screen using the MouseEnter event to display the number of the particular motor. My question is, if there is not another approach to this, is there a way that the pop up label appears on the exact location of every motor component I have on the screen or would I have to do this individually in every single motor and try to find the exact location of every component?

0 Likes

The ‘Mouseover Text’ Property won’t work for you?

0 Likes

Is this something that I could use in perspective? Could you please explain how it works and where I could find this property?

0 Likes

Sorry, Perpsective wasn’t specified. We’re going to have to be more specific now that v8 is out. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Yeah, maybe separate categories on this forum?

2 Likes

No problem. So is this not possible on perspective?

0 Likes

So far, I’m not seeing a way to parametize the popup location.

Can you add a label to your motor component? Then you can toggle it’s visibility when entering the area.

0 Likes

That is the plan b but I was wondering if I could find a less time/space consuming way to add a tooltip event on the motor component so It would instantly add this to all 60 motors I’m using. Thanks for your reply though.

0 Likes