Move backup from TEST to PROD in 8.3

I have 2 env TEST and PROD.

In TEST env: 2 redundant gateway and another gateway connected with GAN, and a DB
In PROD env: 2 redundant gateway and another gateway connected with GAN, and a DB
IP addresse are different in both env.
OPCUA client are différent and some change on devices.

I would like to update PROD with gateway backups from TEST and a restore operation.

Is this a possibility in 8.3, or do we have to wait for the 2027 version, which will include partial backup and restore?

  • TEST gateway have less memory than PROD gateway.
    ignition.conf is different.
  • Redundancy settings are different (master node address) redundancy.xml file is preserved ?
  • Gateway network for redundancy or for other gateway communication
    trusted cert are not the same ?
  • opcua client connection
    trusted cert are not the same ?

With gateway mode ENV = TEST or PROD I can manage DB for example connection change but is it possible to use this for other settings ?
Do I have to copy some data from PROD env to TEST env and associate them to env mode PROD to be able to restore a TEST env gateway backup to PROD ?

I'm looking for best practice to update PROD env without having to change lots of parameters each times...

I wouldn't advise the backup/restore route, but this can be pretty easily managed today by making use of VCS. You'll need to trigger a config scan on the PROD Gateways after the placement of the resources in question, but you can get where you're trying to go today without waiting for the partial import/export feature in 2027.