Moving an object based on a tag value

I have a Spray nozzle component and a tag that dictates the Spray nozzle position.
I want the Spray nozzle to move down (relY) for every change in the tag

As I change the value of the tag from 0 to 60, I want it to change the position of Y from 420 to 480.

For example, if the value of tag=20, then the position of Y= 440

Is there an expression for this? Or do I have to write a script with a block of if statements?

Should be able to bind the Y property of the object to an expression.

{Tag} + 440

It looks like you are going to have to do this with a custom property and scripting. The x and y positions aren’t in the binding (at least not for 7.5.11).

You could try something like this:

The custom property is an integer and it is bound to the tag YourTag.

if event.propertyName == "relY":
	system.gui.moveComponent(event.source, event.source.getX(), event.newValue + 420)

NOTE: The use of the “getX()” method here is unsupported by Inductive Automation and it may disappear in the future.

[quote]Should be able to bind the Y property of the object to an expression.

{Tag} + 440[/quote]

It was as simple as this! Thank You!

[quote=“adamaustin”]It looks like you are going to have to do this with a custom property and scripting. The x and y positions aren’t in the binding (at least not for 7.5.11).

You could try something like this:

The custom property is an integer and it is bound to the tag YourTag.

if event.propertyName == "relY":
	system.gui.moveComponent(event.source, event.source.getX(), event.newValue + 420)

NOTE: The use of the “getX()” method here is unsupported by Inductive Automation and it may disappear in the future.[/quote]

I tried this too and it worked! My object already had an X and a Y property so I basically used an expression and incremented the tag by 420!

Thank you!