MQTT Cellular Router Options

Can someone suggest any cellular routers they use with MQTT?

More specifically, send and receive data from a broker in Ignition (with the Cirrus Links modules)?

I don’t know any cellular modem/router that has embedded MQTT features.

But I can recommend a great cellular modem/router (Digi IX10) built like a tank, has all the features you could ever use, easy to program.

I can also recommend an MQTT Gateway that can be used with almost any PLC.
The Maple Systems G01 (MQTT GATEWAY) super easy to setup and program and uses the Sparkplug B protocol which will make it super easy to use with Cirrus Link/Ignition

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.

I know there is Red Lion FlexEdge Cellular Modems that provide the MQTT sparkplug protocol.

I was hoping if anyone knew any others so we could compare in price.

I saw the maple system MQTT gateway recently and it may be an option at some point.

Never used MQTT. But I use Teltonika routers. On RUT955 manual they said can be used as broker or publisher.
Think other series may be MQTT enabled. You can take a look and see if it suits your needs.

Hello,
Just wanted to check if anyone managed to get the Telktonika to connect to the Ignition Mqtt.
I have a Teltonika TRB145, and when I put in the MQTT settings I get this on the ignition server logs:
Invalid Client ID. Connection refused, identifier rejected. CId=

I use the teltonika rut955, I'm studying to run the same connection as you and you need to send the data in mqtt with sparkplug formatting and the Teltonika router doesn't do it.
Were you able to make this connection?

Hello, I have not as yet solved it, I do think its the sparkplug formatting I'm getting stuck at. Maybe someone knows of a plain mqtt to sparkplug broker we could use?

1 Like

Hi, I am studying this documentation , could solve our problem , just give it a shot and let me know:

Cloud Solutions

Azure Teltonika

Azure Cirrus Link

Hi All,

I managed to get the Teltonika to stream the Modbus data to MS Azure and then get ignition to connect to that database and that way I have visibility now. Thanks for pointing that way Gerardo.

1 Like