MQTT With Azure IoT Hub As The Broker

Since Azure supports MQTT directly with its IoT Hub can you use the MQTT Transmission module to send data to Azure? I would like to setup an Ignition Edge MQTT device at a remote site that can send data to Azure MQTT. Then have an Ignition server somewhere else be able to connect to the Azure IoT hub using MQTT to read the data. According to Microsoft it is a standard implementation of MQTT so I feel like this should work. So far in my attempts I have not been able to make it work. I cannot seem to get Edge MQTT to connect to Azure. Has anyone done this successfully? Is it even possible?

Thanks!

According to Microsoft in this page:

IoT Hub is not a full-featured MQTT broker and does not support all the behaviors specified in the MQTT v3.1.1 standard.

You'll have to examine the supported features list and compare to the Cirrus Link documentation.

Hi, I have used the article for stream analytics of wireless temperature sensors which sends the sensor data to the wireless azure gateway connected with Azure Cloud and with the help of power Bi we have performed the streaming analytics in Azure portal.

I hope this will help you out and resolve the issue you are facing.