MSSQL 2022 Compatibility

Client is requesting the latest MSSQL version, 2022, any known compatibility issues with Ignition? I assume no, but thought it was worth an ask.

If anything you might need a newer JDBC driver, but otherwise I’d expect it to work.

SQL Server 2022 is not yet in the support matrix I always refer people to. It seems it’s not fully released yet, only in Public Preview.

Thanks, I just noticed it isn’t fully released.

@Kevin.Herron it appears it is now in the support matrix, however, it looks like IA doesn't have it listed here, Database Connections - Ignition User Manual 8.1 - Ignition Documentation

Is 2022 fully supported? I'm asking because my answer means a lot less than yours. The client wants that warm fuzzy that only you can provide. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I've pinged the QA team... I'll let you know if there's any warm fuzzies to be had here.

1 Like

No warm fuzzies :frowning:

Not to say it doesn't work, just that they're still using 2019 in their test setup right now.

FWIW, I think not everything in the support matrix has necessarily been tested / is tested... some of them maybe just be listing what the JDBC driver claims support for.

1 Like