MSSQL w/ Windows Auth DLL Issue

Hey,

Trying to get a database connection working to a MSSQL database using Windows Authentication and following the steps from this support page:

https://support.inductiveautomation.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/5/0/microsoft-sql-server-mssql-connection-guide-for-ignition

However, whenever I add the sqljdbc_auth.dll file to my “C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\lib\” folder and restart the Gateway, I get a really crazy error that crashes everything.

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ffd1484c5e0, pid=8132, tid=6900
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu11.37+18-SA) (11.0.6+10) (build 11.0.6+10-LTS)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.6+10-LTS, mixed mode, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, windows-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [jvm.dll+0xfc5e0]
#
# Core dump will be written. Default location: C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\hs_err_pid8132.mdmp
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://www.azulsystems.com/support/
#

Removing the dll and restarting the Gateway puts everything back to normal. Has anyone come across this before? Anyone else doing Windows Authentication for a MSSQL DB in v8?

Ignition 8.0.13
Windows Server 2019

You probably need to download a way more recent version of the DLL.

Each version of the JDBC driver Microsoft releases has an accompanying DLL to go with it.

1 Like

Ah, that’s probably going to be it; I guess I misunderstood who was providing the DLL.
I’ll give the latest version a shot in the morning.

I think at the time that KB article was written the DLLs we linked to were current, but it should probably be updated to just point to the Microsoft download page now instead.

@Paul.Scott

1 Like

Using the latest version of the DLL included with the JDBC driver resolved the issue.
One note: I did have to rename the DLL to exactly “sqljdbc_auth.dll” in order for Ignition to pick it up on startup.

Thanks Kevin!

2 Likes