Multi-state button customization not working

I recently started using ignition, when i tried to customize multi state buttons (or any object that has the “customize style” option) the console gives me the following error, which haven’t occurred before i customized several multi-state buttons before but now the error keeps persistance:

I looked in the forum for similar questions but didn’t found any, if this was solved before please share the answer or link to topic.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.property.customizers.nstatebutton.EditPanel.<init>(EditPanel.java:94) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.property.customizers.nstatebutton.NStateButtonCustomizer.initComponents(NStateButtonCustomizer.java:48) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.property.customizers.nstatebutton.NStateButtonCustomizer.setObjects(NStateButtonCustomizer.java:30) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.property.CustomizerDialog.<init>(CustomizerDialog.java:64) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.property.propertytable.PropertyTablePanel.handleCustomizerAction(PropertyTablePanel.java:202) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.model.CustomizerAction.actionPerformed(CustomizerAction.java:40) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

What version of Ignition are you using?

This sounds like one of the issues we ran into when Java 7 came out but most, if not all, were fixed in subsequent releases of Ignition. However, if you are using a sufficiently old version of Ignition (some 7.3.x versions and anything before that) with Java 7 that could definitely be the cause.

I was fearing that was the problem, i am using a 7.2.x version of ignition, i will update to a newer version. Thanks a lot.