Multiple PopUp Windows

I have several motor control popup windows that are related to the same process area. I want to have each of these windows open upon separate mouse clicked event handlers. I would like to have one or two or all of the popup windows be able to be visible at the same time on the same screen. Currently, when I click to open one of the otherpopup windows the current one closes. Can I have multiple popup windows open at the same time? What settings are required?

Yes, we added a scripting function for just this case. You can use the system.nav.openWindowInstance() function instead of the openWindow() function.

I’ll give it a try. Thanks Robert.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but my popup windows still close when I click the open button on the others.

Every spot (button) you open that window from must use the openWindowInstance() function for you to get a new one. If you have one button that opens an instance and one button that uses the standard openWindow(), then the second button will re-use the window if it is already open.

Actually, I suspect that the other popup windows are still open, just moved to the background. To check this, you can go to the menu bar and click ‘Windows’ to see a list of the currently open windows. If you want all the popups to stay above the main screen (the one that is maximized), then just set the ‘Layer’ property of the window to any number > 0. You will have to change the Property Editor pane to show ‘All’ properties to see the layer.

Changed the layer, and all the popups work correctly now. Thank you.