MySQL Could not find File when opening Administrator Fix

I had a problem where if i opened MySQL Administrator, it would give me an error “Could not find file”, and I couldnt get access to all the settings. Well the fix is as follows"

When i was getting the error, my MySQL service path to executable said this

"D:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld-nt" "--defaults-file=D:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my.ini" MySQL

To change this, go to Start>>Run>>regedit

Browse to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MySQL

I changed ImagePath to look like this

"D:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld-nt" --defaults-file="D:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my.ini" MySQL

The quotation for the ini file needs to be after the =, not before the ==defaults

Hope this saves some frustration.

Oh man, great find. Beyond that, it looks like our Unified Installer has a bug causing the path to be horribly incorrect as well as putting the quote in the wrong spot. My value, which I presume to be what the unified installer is doing (but may not) looked like:

"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld-nt" "--defaults-file=C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\..\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my.ini" MySQL

Should be:

"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld-nt" --defaults-file="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my.ini" MySQL

We’ll get this fixed ASAP in the installer.

Yes, I forgot to post the problem with the installer. Sorry