Named Query Deadlocked

I have a barcode scanner attached to a PLC which we use to scan 3 separate barcodes for each transaction. We then have 3 separate tags in the PLC to act as a buffer to take in each barcode and then these trigger tag change scripts in ignition.
Each tag change script runs a named query which returns information on how the machine should run depending on the barcode.
we are getting errors if the barcodes are scanned quickly though, we get a transaction deadlock error with the named query(see below).

Is there a simple way to build a queue for these named queries? I was thinking about trying to use the object as part of the named query so i can start the next named query when when the previous one has started but then i end up not being able to use the tag change script to trigger the queries.
Thanks,

ava.lang.Exception: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Transaction (Process ID 110) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

That almost invariably means your query is doing something bad. AB-BA deadlock bad. You should not be papering over it with a queue. Your DB should be naturally interleaving these queries.

The named query is pretty simple

INSERT INTO BarcodeData (Equipment, Barcode, Flag, ScanDate) VALUES (:Equipment, :Barcode, :Flag, :ScanDate)

would this be something that needs adjusting in the DB?

I’m going to guess there is a complicated trigger firing in the DB upon insert, and there’s an AB-BA deadlock inside that (which is a form of stored procedure). So yes, you need help from your DBA.

Ah ok, there may be… I left that to our DB administrator in IT. I will follow up with him. Thanks for the help