Named Query Editor Not Showing in Designer

I’d like to edit my named queries, however when I click on them in the designer the editor doesn’t show up. Anyone else experience this? My other issue is with a named query not working, even though the original SQL query it was converted from was working fine…but I’ll know more when I figure out how to edit it…

Hi ctonge,

That looks to me like the screen you get when you single-click a Named Query resource. If you double-click the same resource, does the editor come up? If not, that’s definitely a serious issue, but we’d need to see any errors that print in the designer console (Tools > Console). If you could note your version as well that would be helpful, or post a screenshot of the Help > About Ignition Designer window that would be great.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Definitely was trying double clicks as well. Did notice that there is an error thrown…wasn’t obvious at first because my output console panel gets removed when I click on the named queries…

Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-2” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.fife.ui.rsyntaxtextarea.RSyntaxTextAreaUI
at org.fife.ui.rsyntaxtextarea.RSyntaxTextArea.createRTextAreaUI(RSyntaxTextArea.java:745)
at org.fife.ui.rtextarea.RTextAreaBase.init(RTextAreaBase.java:656)
at org.fife.ui.rtextarea.RTextArea.init(RTextArea.java:854)
at org.fife.ui.rsyntaxtextarea.RSyntaxTextArea.init(RSyntaxTextArea.java:1862)
at org.fife.ui.rtextarea.RTextAreaBase.(RTextAreaBase.java:81)
at org.fife.ui.rtextarea.RTextArea.(RTextArea.java:182)
at org.fife.ui.rsyntaxtextarea.RSyntaxTextArea.(RSyntaxTextArea.java:344)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.gui.tools.CodeEditor.initComponents(CodeEditor.java:183)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.gui.tools.CodeEditor.(CodeEditor.java:128)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.db.namedquery.workspace.NamedQueryAuthoringPanel.createQueryPanel(NamedQueryAuthoringPanel.java:719)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.db.namedquery.workspace.NamedQueryAuthoringPanel.initComponents(NamedQueryAuthoringPanel.java:182)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.db.namedquery.workspace.NamedQueryAuthoringPanel.(NamedQueryAuthoringPanel.java:168)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.db.namedquery.workspace.NamedQueryResourceEditor.init(NamedQueryResourceEditor.java:73)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.db.namedquery.workspace.NamedQueryResourceEditor.init(NamedQueryResourceEditor.java:47)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.ResourceEditor.loadResource(ResourceEditor.java:41)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.ResourceEditor.(ResourceEditor.java:31)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.db.namedquery.workspace.NamedQueryResourceEditor.(NamedQueryResourceEditor.java:64)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.db.namedquery.workspace.NamedQueryWorkspace.newResourceEditor(NamedQueryWorkspace.java:191)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.TabbedResourceWorkspace.open(TabbedResourceWorkspace.java:177)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.ResourceNode.onDoubleClick(ResourceNode.java:158)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.navtree.NavTreePanel$MouseListener$1.run(NavTreePanel.java:659)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

I know this sounds like I’m out of ideas, but can you try shutting down the designer, clearing out the ignition cache (~/.ignition) and re-downloading the designer JNLP from the Gateway? If that doesn’t work, try creating a new Named Query resource after a designer relauch. This will help us figure out if the problem is the query you converted or Named Query resources themselves

After your suggestion, it dawned on my that it was possible my .jnlp was from an older version of Ignition. So this is now working after a new .jnlp download. Thanks!!

1 Like