Named Query Parameters not Working via Variable Assignment

Hey all,
I'm having an issue executing a Named Query with parameters of type QueryString that get their value from a variable.

Database: MySql

I have the following code for running a Named Query:

table_name = query_params[0]
column_name = query_params[1]

system.perspective.print(table_name)
system.perspective.print(column_name)

# Convert duration of query into Days, as this is used in Named Query
duration_in_days = Cpv_Utilities.minutes_to_days(self.custom["chart-data"]["duration-minutes"])

# Parameters for Named Query
params = {"tableName":table_name, "columnName":column_name, "duration":duration_in_days} 			
data = system.db.runNamedQuery("CpvDashboard/ManualChartDataDaily", params)

The Named Query's parameter types for tableName and columnName are QueryString and the Data Type assigned to them (in the Named Query editor) is String.

I have verified, via the print statements, that I have the correct string values for script variables table_name and column_name.

If I use string literals for the values of keys tableName and columnName in the params, the Named Query works. But when I try to assign those keys their value via variable assignment, it fails.

I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thank you.

ETA:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '"report_p4" WHERE t_stamp >= (UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW() - INTERVAL 90 DAY) * 100' at line 5

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:120)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:122)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ClientPreparedStatement.executeInternal(ClientPreparedStatement.java:916)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ClientPreparedStatement.executeQuery(ClientPreparedStatement.java:972)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:122)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:122)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.SRConnectionWrapper$SRPreparedStatement.executeQuery(SRConnectionWrapper.java:973)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.SRConnectionWrapper.runPrepQuery(SRConnectionWrapper.java:167)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.db.namedquery.NamedQueryExecutor$NamedQueryInstance.runPrepQuery(NamedQueryExecutor.java:490)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.db.namedquery.NamedQueryExecutor$NamedQueryInstance.execute(NamedQueryExecutor.java:399)

... 32 common frames omitted

What is the resulting stacktrace/exception/error?

@cmallonee

Sorry about that. I posted the exception. I see that it is triggering because the SQL sees a "report_p4" with quotes inside its query, but I'm too dumb to know how to remove those quotes from entering the query.

1. Check the Named Query and make sure you're not wrapping the incoming param in quotes.
  2. Make sure that the query_params iterable you're dealing with is not storing the values as strings-in-strings, like this: '"report_p4"'.
2 Likes

Dude, you're my Siddhartha. Thank you very much!

The query_params iterable is the array returned from a system.tag.readBlocking on a tag whose value is an Array of Strings. Because I eat crayons, I had manually entered the value for each index wrapped in quotes. Removing the quotes from the elements of the tag's value fixed this.

3 Likes