Need to pull DINT and RESET from Micro820

Hello,

I’m trying to pull a DINT to display, and a momentary button to reset value. I am using a micro820. I’ve heard modbus is the way to go. but i’m confused because tags in the 820 are not coil 1,2, etc… so I don’t know how that converts to a modbus address such as 3139 etc,?

any help would be greatly appreciated

You have to deliberately set the correspondence between the internal tags and Modbus addresses. (In Connected Components Workbench.)

modbus
Okay I figured that out. Not sure how this would be writting on the ignition side.

I tried exporting the config from ccw and but when i import into ignition it does nothing

Its been a while since I messed with my micro850, but I think I configured the modbus address in CCW, then added the PLC as a device on the gateway webpage. Then the OPC Item Path should just be [DeviceNameHere]modbusMapping, for example [WeimaWoodchipper]C2
Modbus Addressing AB Micro850 - Ignition - Inductive Automation Forum

I did such as:[Line 5 Bottle Count]C000001
still nada

Try going to device properties → advanced properties and see if One-based Addressing is checked

I also tried [Line 5 Bottle Count]C1 with still no luck

It is checked,I tried unchecking but didnt make a difference.

Did the Modbus configuration get exported to the PLC? Is the PLC set to allow remote connection?

I don’t see a remote connection setting. I’m currently remotely accessing via ethernet. And i downloaded after mapping not sure what else might be required to export to plc

I can’t think of anything else, I don’t have the micro850 PLC in use anymore so I can’t check any configurations :frowning: Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in.

You are going to want to configure the DINT in the 4xxxxx range, not the coils range. It’ll occupy two holding registers, not 32 coils.

andrews,

Have you got this sorted out? If not I can send some config screen shots on how to make this work.

I have not. That would be greatly appreciated.

It’s been so troublesome I’m ready to spend the extra money and get a micrologix 1400 for one photo eye .

Again thank you very much.

Ok lets take it from the top. First in the Micro820 Modbus mapping - Your count_value needs to be at address 400001 this is where holding registers are mapped in Modbus.

Next Ignition

In the configuration for the Modbus TCP driver under advanced properties check “Reverse Word Order”. The rest of the default settings should be fine.

Now go the the “Addresses” for the Modbus TCP driver

Reset_Count is a coil and Count_Value is a holding register. The Prefixes I used below are arbitrary , call them what you want but they will be used in your Tag.

Finally define your tags, using my example I called the Modbus TCP Device “Line5” so the OPC Item Paths for your tags will be:

Reset_Count = ns=1;s=[Line5]DO1
Count_Value = ns=1;s=[Line5]Dint1

Notice the prefixes we defined under Addresses.

This should get you up and running. I left out the explanation of the why’s for a couple of these steps to keep this short and just get you going. Let me know if you want more information or run into issues.

1 Like

Okay still no luck. I checked reversed word order and below are pics of my configs.
I also added pics of how it looks when i drag the mapped address to the folder in the designer.
the only difference is the dragged ones look like ns=1;s=[Line5Counter]DINT1
Capture

Capture2

Why does your OPC Item Path start with “Total =”?

Because that is what @WKetcham said

Finally define your tags, using my example I called the Modbus TCP Device “Line5” so the OPC Item Paths for your tags will be:

Reset_Count = ns=1;s=[Line5]DO1
Count_Value = ns=1;s=[Line5]Dint1

You misinterpreted what he is saying. The lefthand side is just the example tag name.

Your OPC Item Path should only be the ns=1;s=[Line5]DO1 part.