New Device Connection in Ignition

When I configure an OPC UA connection, under Allen-Bradley>Ethernet, there are only a few selections available (SLC, MicroLogix, ControlLogix). I set up a connection using the ControlLogix device, for a CompactLogix. It says it is connected. Is this proper or do I need to add a device driver for CompactLogix?

Also, sorry if this is not the appropriate area for this question.

For now, I think it should be fine. Check to make sure all the data comes in fine, and that you can write to all different types of tags. I believe the difference is a header packet, but Im no expert.

Unless I have something mis-configured, it does not appear to be working. I also tried to add device MicroLogix 1100/1400 (for kicks and giggles).

I am able to configure, connect, partially browse (not all information from controller comes in), and create a tag. However, once the tag is created, the status cycles through various different states, and then eventually faults the controller (yeah, weird eh?)

Unknown Sourse seems to be what is returned in all error logs associated with this.

[quote]Message [HardyTest] Connection lost due to IOException.

Logger com.inductiveautomation.xopc.drivers.allenbradley.ControlLogixDriver

Time 1/28/10 10:33:48 AM Level ERROR Thread http-8088-4
Exception
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.config.systemconsole.LogViewer$SerializableLoggingEvent$ClonedThrowable: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source)
sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)
sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source)
sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.driver.api.AbstractEthernetDriver$SelectionManager.readFromChannel(AbstractEthernetDriver.java:402)
com.inductiveautomation.xopc.driver.api.AbstractEthernetDriver$SelectionManager.run(AbstractEthernetDriver.java:527)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[/quote]

I guess my question at this point is, where can I obtain a CompactLogix driver, or, do I just use legacy OPC server?

We have not tested the CompactLogix inhouse, but we will be soon. For now it will be best to use the legacy OPC server.

Quick question… You were you trying to connect to the Compactlogix with the MicroLogix 1100/1400 driver just for the heck of it. Is that right? Not trying the connect to a MicroLogix 1100 or 1400 with it were you?

Just curious.

Correct. I just tried the ML 1100/1400 driver for kicks and giggles, then switched back to the ControlLogix device.

Now that you mention it though, I do have a ML1400 laying around here somewhere that I might hook up just tinker around with.

I have a compactlogix inhouse and Ignition has been running for a couple days connected to it. Tags and TCP port wise there is now difference on how the Controllogix works and the Compact. It was pretty easy to setup.