New DT DateTime datatype in Logix

While working on a new project, I’ve learned about a new DateTime type in Logix named DT that our controls engineer used. Has anyone else used that within Ignition yet? Or is it possible?

Even though External Access is on, we don’t seem to be able to see it in the Tag Browser. So I’m guessing it might be a driver limitation.

Edit: Added link to post about new Time datatypes.

Hmm. I’ll have to play with that. (Definitely not in the current driver.)

Yeah, I’m curious too… can’t immediately think of a reason why it wouldn’t show up.

Not a structure. Probably one of the CIP elementary types. I recently implemented them in the alpha of my updated Ethernet/IP driver.

Oh, that would do it, I think. If it’s not one the driver is explicitly aware of it won’t build an OPC UA Node for it.

I don’t have a ton of the PLC side knowledge, looking at it in Logix, I can see it break out to 64 bools. But yeah guessing we will have to pivot to the old ways for now.

Its probably CIP’s UTIME then. 64-bit UTC microseconds like the GSV WallClock’s currentValue.

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t know what the datatype code for LDT is, doesn’t seem to have an analog in the CIP spec. Also not sure what elementary types TIME and TIME32 correspond to.

Logix       CIP
---------------
DT          DT
LDT         ???
TIME32      ???
TIME        LTIME
LTIME       ???
  • DT => UTIME, code 0xC0
  • LDT => STIME, code 0xCC
  • TIME32 => FTIME, code 0xD6
  • TIME => LTIME, code 0xD7
  • LTIME => NTIME, code 0xDF

Buggers stomped all over the CIP type names.

1 Like