New Feature: Perspective Equipment Schedule

Could anyone share an example dataset that they are using?

@ayu

we plan to use this component to configure some “average week” where the date is no significant.
We create 7 items ,1 for each dayWeek.
with fontSize=0 for primaryHeaderStyle and secondaryHeaderStyle, we can hide date.

Can we change the date tooltips format displayed when we click on an scheduled event or disable it ?

Same question when we drag over a cell of the tertiaryHeader ?

Clipboard02

1 Like

Hi @mazeyrat,

Currently there isn’t a way to change the format of the date time string. However, if you want to hide or disable the tooltip, you can take advantage of theming (due note that the tooltip class is shared between the two examples). All in all, this sounds like something that we can potentially expose as new props if that’s something you had in mind. Thanks.

thanks !
new props to customize those tooltips would be fine !

Is there or can there be a way to choose the date range denominations?

For instance, if I pick 8hr increments but want my “Shifts” to start at 7am.
7am to 3pm, 3pm to 11pm, and 11pm to 7am

Hey @jcaudle,

Currently, there is no way to choose the date range denominations. I will file a feature request, and keep you up to date on its status.

1 Like

How did you get around the lack of an onClickEvent event? I’m trying to use this component and it works for a very simple application in a testing environment, but is lacking many useful features that are almost crucial to actual deploy it to a production system… I have a few projects coming up that will center around scheduling so it’s disappointing you asked for an onClickEvent several months ago and it hasn’t been implemented yet…

Actually we use apex charts bar chart instead of this component.
I play a lot of apexchart option to look and function as scheduler and it work for us.
As you mentioned we can’t use in for client because the lack of many critical features.
One of them the most important one is missing accepting embedded view for each task.

1 Like

Man that sucks to hear… I’ve used KyvisLabs charts before, they work well but it seems like it would take a ton of configuration to even get to the point where the Equipment Schedule is (visually, at least). I hope IA pays attention to this - I don’t remember them ever releasing a half-baked component before. I lurk on the forums regularly and very rarely see questions about the Equipment Schedule component, which means one of two things: it’s perfect or it’s unusable.

Maybe it’s just that we’ve come to expect quality from IA, but in my opinion, a component that’s been out for 8 releases should be more functional.

@ayu Any update on the onEventClick feature status?

Your best option here is to hire a junior programmer to create a module for that base on syncfusion library.

I didn't know about this component.
I just got 8.1.19

What is important about the onClickEvent, or what function is that important for?
I have some stuff potentially ahead with scheduling involved.

@zacharyw.larson,

The onClickEvent was added recently in 8.1.22 I believe. It is to allow users to perform an action when an individual scheduled event is clicked (eg showing an information popup).

2 Likes

Perfect, what is the status of supporting embedded view for scheduled tasks? As of now the task item shap and info is very limited.
This one is really important to fill the client needs.

A person clicks a scheduled event to both move it and simultaneously activates an onClickEvent?

There is no discerning between the actions, both things happen?

Or there is a spot on the event to grab it by and you can click on the rest of the event?

@nader.chinichian,

There's currently a ticket opened for that request, but when that will be worked on, I don't know.

@zacharyw.larson,

There is a small buffer of movement we check for to determine if it is a move vs click (I believe it is around 5 pixels).

3 Likes

Thanks

Someone has exported the component information to an excel file, imported data from excel, and they would share the code for those buttons to work?

Also, seems my schedule vanishes on save in the designer.
So I need to pull data from a db it seems or is there an property I need to set?
Is there a good demo for a good implementation of this?

Any update?

Hi ayu. Does this schedule could be use to turn on a light for example and turn off during a week?