NEW Ignition SDK Programmer's Guide

The IA documentation team is happy to announce that we have a new version of the Ignition SDK Guide available now at sdk-docs.inductiveautomation.com. We’d love to get your feedback on the guide and would appreciate any suggestions you have on how to further improve it.

Some things we’ve been working on:

• Adding more useful code examples
  • Fact-checking sections for accurate information
  • A new tutorial section for users getting started
  • Updating outdated sections for 8.1

We hope the new guide proves to be an improvement over the old one, and as always please let us know if you spot anything that we can correct or clarify. Stay tuned for new updates to the guide as we approach the release of 8.3 in the coming year!

21 Likes

I havent been able to fully check this, as i dont really need it right now.

But last time i tried making a module i wanted to make a sort of ("coordinate") container for perspective (where we could add in other elements in the designer).

I didn't really found out how to do that last time, so i scrapped the idea and looked to do it an other way. I wonder if the new guide has some more info on the containers now? i tried searching container in the search bar but did not find anything.

Unfortunately, not yet. The effort for the new guide was largely focused on updating existing material and migrating the content over to a new platform, which means we didn't have an opportunity to dive deep into Perspective. Although it's certainly on my radar for future projects.

1 Like

Great effort,
Is there any example of the perspective component with
perspective-client: 2.1.33, I'm trying to use it with my code but it seems that some packages don't exist compared with 2.1.16 ?

Not yet, although it certainly falls under one of those future projects in my prior message.

Would like to see a section like Vision Development for Perspective, with an guide on creating the RadImage component from the examples from scratch for example. I find myself not necessarily understanding everything I am having to do when looking at the example perspective module