New Module - BIRT Reporting

Hi Guys,

I’ve been using this module internally for a while but I thought I’d make it public. We have a couple customers who had been using Eclipse BIRT reports and I wanted to host/schedule/run those in the Ignition gateway since BIRT is java based.

You can download it here:

You might note that it is on github so if you want to contribute or take the source code for yourself be my guest.

4 Likes

Can you post some examples (pics) how it looks in Ignition?

It just looks like a hacked PDF viewer with a report in it.

2 Likes

Hi @cody.tamaki

Can you explain how to use the BIRT Reporting module via a script from the Ignition gateway? Also, can this be used with Ignition Perspective projects? Thanks.

Hi @mdelara,

There are some functions under system.report that we've added:

system.report.runAndRenderReport("My Report.rptdesign", "pdf", {"StartDate": "2022-11-16 00:00:00"})
1 Like

Hi @cody.tamaki,

I was trying to install the BIRT-Reporting-unsigned.modl and all the dependencies in the \lib\core\gateway folder of my local Ignition installation. I reached the error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/osgi/service/prefs/BackingStoreException

Then, I added the org.osgi.service.prefs_1.1.2.202109301733.jar in \lib\core\gateway to resolve the dependency. After I restart my gateway, it seemed like it is hanging and can't start. Do you have any idea about this? I would appreciate your response, thank you.

I also attached the wrapper.log with this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/tamakicontrol/modules/scripting/AbstractReportUtils

wrapper.zip (252.8 KB)

Is this an error in compiling / building BIRT?

Hi @cody.tamaki,

I got it running already, I added the birt-reporting-common-1.11.4 jar in \lib\core\gateway. Don't know if it is correct but it solved it somehow.

Hi @cody.tamaki,

How do I use the /api/run-and-render servlet resource (getRunAndRenderResource)? Can you give an example URL? Thanks.