New Report not updating tag values

Hi everyone,

I had a standard report that I have converted to the new report, re-added all the tags with the key browser and got it to email at a pre-determined time every morning. However, the tag values stay the same and no matter what I do, the tag values do not change.
They do change on my older report and I can see the values updating on tag browser panel.
Appreciate some wisdom.

Regards,
BG

Not sure if it is with email, as mine was with saving it to a PDF.

But I worked with support last week and there is a known bug with non-string type variables not updating on reports, that will be fixed in 7.8.1.

Yes this is with email. I cannot see the values updating with preview as well. For some reason, it just sticks with values which I am guessing were the values when the tags were added to the Data table. Also, with the keys, it would be handy to see the values updating so that we know it works and can get a quick reference to compare those values with the ones in the report preview.

Regards,
BG

Hi BG,

I’m not quite sure I understand how you are getting values into the report. Right now, do you have your data coming into the Reporting system as a Datasource, and the datasource doesn’t seem to be updating its values when the report is generated on your schedule?

The issue previously described with non-string variables only applied to situations where numeric values were being used as parameters in a report generation script (generally executeAndDistribute()). We aren’t familiar with any scheduled report issues.

Can you give a little more background on where the Tag data is coming from, and how you’ve structured the datasources?

Hi Perry,

Thanks for the reply. Browsing through Available Historical Tags, I’ve added data as Selected Historical Tags under the Data tab in reports. I’ve given it a data key name and set it as a Tag Historian Query. The Data Range is Realtime with Most Recent set to 1 second. Aggregation is set to MinMax, Return Format is set to Wide and Sample size is set to Natural.

These are then added via Key Browser to the report.

Regards,
BG

Thanks for the great details. We will take a look and see if we can replicate what you are seeing.

Just to confirm, you are seeing this with a report being executed on a schedule through the ‘Schedule’ tab using an Email Action, and not a scripted delivery?

Hi Perry,

Yes, I am doing is through a schedule tab. It comes out the same as the Preview which does not update the tag values as well.

Regards,
BG

Hi BG,

I took some time to review the report generation based on the info you provided. First, I should probably clarify – the data in the preview tab is generally only collected when there are changes or activation of the datasource tab. I did find a little bit of inconsistency in how that preview data is cached when using different query types and selecting/deselecting “Preview Limit”. That said, if you are not seeing changes in the preview panel, that’s generally the functionality we expect. Preview data sets are used populate some data objects to aid in the report design process, so we opted to load that only when we detected changes.

I have not been able to replicate any issues in Scheduled reports collecting data. I did walk through the scheduled report generation process in detail and did not find a likely source of stale data.

Are you only seeing this behavior with Tag History Queries?

Hi Perry,

This report only Tag Historian Queries so at this moment, it contains values that do not seem to correlate to anything from the PLC. How can I test that the tags are being correctly brought into this reporting module - perhaps the parameters are not setup right on my end?

This problem was solved. The Tags Historian module, somehow was in Trial mode and stopping after two hours naturally. Once that was fixed up, it all updates and works ok.

Glad to hear you figured out the source of the stale data!