No Mobile module for 8.1?

Quite a long time ago I developed a mobile test project for a customer who has now decided they are more interested. Since then we have updated them to Ignition v8.1, which does not have the Mobile module, yet we have much of a project already created with the Mobile module in mind. Has the module been abandoned? Is it still possible to install and use it with v8.1? I hate to have to recreate everything we did in Perspective, but will if I have to, I guess. Thanks for any feedback.

The Mobile module was discontinued and replaced by Perspective.

replaced ?

Although I never got to use the mobile module myself, I can't imagine that it would've been as much work to add mobile support to a vision project as it is now. Not to mention cost. I hardly think replace is the correct word.

"replaced" as in Perspective is now the solution for developing something mobile-compatible :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Replaced is accurate. The mobile module, IMO, was always a bit scuff to use.

2 Likes

So what happens if someone has a Mobile project and they move to Ignition 8? Would they need to rebuild the entire mobile project from scratch in Perspective?

Yes. Make from scratch.

10-4, thank you.

Note that an old mobile module project is just a Vision project, and that will still work in a Vision client. Just not in any device that cannot run a modern Vision Client Launcher.