Non-english characters -> wierd characters

Hi, when a client is using swedish ÅÄÖ for example, the text is stored as åäö in the database.
In some components, they are shown correctly, but in a few places they get replaced with 2 wierd characters.

How to get this behaviour to stop?

[attachment=0]locale_n.png[/attachment]

The system.db.runPrepUpdate function is working fine with ÅÄÖ in my tests. Since I see a table called EditRecipe, I’m going to assume you’re working with a MES component, which I can’t test. If you can email your issue to support, they can open a ticket with the MES group and get that fixed for you.

In the mean time, hopefully another forum user will have a workaround for you…

[quote=“KathyApplebaum”]The system.db.runPrepUpdate function is working fine with ÅÄÖ in my tests. Since I see a table called EditRecipe, I’m going to assume you’re working with a MES component, which I can’t test. If you can email your issue to support, they can open a ticket with the MES group and get that fixed for you.

In the mean time, hopefully another forum user will have a workaround for you…[/quote]

Hi, we are not using MES-component in this case. and the åäö seems to work a bit randomly. So there must be some encoding option somewhere that throws out the åäö and tosses in 2 random looking characters instead.

Can you show us the code you use to create the list of values? Are you forcing any of these strings into Unicode?