Non-specified component errors

I’m getting some errors in the designer when I have a window open that don’t specify the component that the errors are coming from:

I know that I’m using a case statement to convert a tag value into a string, with one of the values corresponding to “Unclamping”, however there are a large number of these on the page. Also, I’d like to know why the component isn’t being specified.

How can I diagnose these?

Details:

java.lang.ClassCastException: Error trying to coerce 'unclamping' to a number.
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.toNumber(TypeUtilities.java:720)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.coerce(TypeUtilities.java:1000)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.toInteger(TypeUtilities.java:1308)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.coerce(TypeUtilities.java:993)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.AbstractPropertyAdapter.setQValue(AbstractPropertyAdapter.java:218)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.SimpleBoundTagAdapter.setQValue(SimpleBoundTagAdapter.java:248)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.AbstractPropertyAdapter.updateValue(AbstractPropertyAdapter.java:259)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.SimpleBoundTagAdapter.notifyTagChanged(SimpleBoundTagAdapter.java:501)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.SimpleBoundTagAdapter.tagChanged(SimpleBoundTagAdapter.java:490)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.sqltags.impl.db.DatasourceTagManager$TagChangeListenerProxy.tagChanged(DatasourceTagManager.java:1075)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.sqltags.impl.ChangeNotifier.run(ChangeNotifier.java:38)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.sqltags.impl.db.BatchNotifier.run(BatchNotifier.java:77)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Ignition v7.9.12 (b2019070213)
Java: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_191

You could try setting the vision.binding.tag-binding logger to debug or trace - it may have more contextual information that helps. Or do the nuclear option - duplicate the window, start deleting things until it stops happening :slight_smile:

I don’t have a good reason for us not giving you the full path in all binding related errors, other than we just never have.