Notifications in the Logs

I am seeing this message in wrapper.log continuously:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/06/16 07:32:21 | E [S.Manager ] [11:32:21]: The datasource 'ignitiondb' cannot accept data of the given type [__sqltaghistory__]. tag-provider=default

I’ve disabled all databases for our system. I’ve checked a sample of about 100 tags and they’re all set to “No” for the “Store history?” option. Is there an easier way to see which tag or tags are causing this without checking the remaining 1300 tags manually, or is this message indicative of something else?

I upgraded to 7.9.0 and noticed this but honestly it may have appeared before with the older Ignition setup.

The data trying to go into the database should be going into the store and forward system’s quarantine - if you go to Status -> Connections -> Store and Forward you can view the data, and if you export it to XML it may indicate the tagpath of the tags that it’s trying to log.

This is an old thread but I found a newer one on the same subject with no responses and this might save someone some time in the future. I had the same problem and I could not find the guilty tags by looking in store and forward or the errors in the log. The best way I found to find them is to go into the DB using SSMS and deleting the table sqlth_te (I actually deleted all of the automatically generated table since I didn’t want them in that DB). Then enable the DB as a historical provider again. It will automatically recreate the sqlth_te table and it will have the tag paths for the tags you are looking for. I had to do this a couple of time to get them all.

1 Like