NullPointerException when using Find/Replace on all windows in project

Trying to search across all windows in the project results in this error. I can narrow it down to a few windows that cause it, when I leave them out of the selection it works fine. I cant figure out what about those windows causes this.
Heres the error message

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.SQLPropertyAdapter.getBindingConfiguration(SQLPropertyAdapter.java:117)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.search.ComponentCursor$BindingIterator.next(ComponentCursor.java:152)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.findreplace.SearchObjectAggregator.advance(SearchObjectAggregator.java:119)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.findreplace.SearchObjectAggregator.next(SearchObjectAggregator.java:107)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.findreplace.SearchObjectAggregator.next(SearchObjectAggregator.java:89)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.findreplace.SearchObjectAggregator.next(SearchObjectAggregator.java:31)
	at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$5.next(Iterators.java:558)
	at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$7.computeNext(Iterators.java:651)
	at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(AbstractIterator.java:143)
	at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(AbstractIterator.java:138)
	at com.google.common.collect.Iterators.addAll(Iterators.java:361)
	at com.google.common.collect.Lists.newArrayList(Lists.java:160)
	at com.google.common.collect.Iterators.toArray(Iterators.java:344)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.findreplace.SearchReplaceDialog$SearchTask.run(SearchReplaceDialog.java:935)

Ignition v7.9.7 (b2018032914)
Java: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_181

Can you open a support ticket? You’ll probably need to send in your project, and then the support engineers can take a look and figure out what’s going on (or, forward it on to me so I can).
Based on your version, I would suggest starting with an upgrade to 7.9.9, then going into any of the windows you know are broken and edit -> saving any SQL query bindings (without making any changes).

1 Like

A little off topic here but I was wondering, does 8.0 include any changes to the find & replace feature? I feel like there are several improvements that could be made to it that would be really cool to see in the next version.

Make sure you make those suggestions at the ideas forum :slight_smile:

1 Like