Numeric Keypad Not Resized

Hello all,

It seems that the “Touch Screen Keyboard Width” in “Project > Properties > Client > User Interface” does not change the size of the Numeric Keypad (it works for the alphanumeric one)
I also tried with the function system.gui.showNumericKeypad() but it does not work either.

Anyone has already had this problem ?

Is there another way to resize the Numeric Keypad ?

Best regards.

Same problem here

This is a known issue - it’s in the pipeline for future releases of Ignition.

Still not fixed in Ignition 7.9.9 ?

That is correct - it’s still in the backlog. We have a long list of things to fix and features to add, and triage on that list always means some things get delayed.

I understand. But is there some kind of workaround for this? Or do I just tell my customer that this is what it looks like? Got kinda big on a 24" full-hd monitor :slight_smile:

No idea what else this may break, but the only way to directly affect the scaling of the numeric keypad at present would be to:

1. Create a new JDesktopPane with a particular size.
  2. Import and call com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.components.touchscreen.AlphaNumericKeypadDialog#setDesktopPane which will then be used to set the size/location of the NumericKeypadDialog:

Old thread, but the closest I found to my situation. I’m on 7.9.6, FWIW.

I was hoping you could elaborate on the JDesktopPane and call Keypad actions to pull up a custom sized keypad. I have pretty much zero experience with Java Swing (or Java for that matter), and I’m a little lost.
What I have so far:

from javax.swing import JDesktopPane
import com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.components.touchscreen.AlphaNumericKeypadDialog
newPane = JDesktopPane()
newPane.setSize(400,470)
newPane.setLocation(5,5)

newPane.setVisible(1)

I feel like I should be doing the Keypad stuff between the setLocation and setVisible lines, but I can’t figure out how to call it.

I’m also not sure that the setVisible line is doing anything, as I’m not getting even an empty window popping up. Might be that it has no contents, so nothing to show.

I’m also a little concerned that you mentioned AlphaNumericKeypadDialog, and not NumericKeypadDialog. I’m guessing the latter is actually the one I need to display a numeric keypad. However, that doesn’t appear to have the setDesktopPane method, as far as I can tell.

My use case for all this is I’m setting up a Raspberry Pi with the touchscreen that’s available for it as a small user station. I’m wanting a keypad for an operator PIN. I’ve gotten the numeric keypad to pop up on the password field properly, but it’s pretty small on the 800x480 screen.

Any thoughts?

Well, your best bet is to update to 8.0; in 8.0.4 the issue described in this thread was fixed. It’s been a while since I made the changes, but I think even doing what was described on the NumericKeypadDialog wouldn’t work well.
You’ll probably have a better time making your own popup window and using some hacks described elsewhere on this forum to make it ‘modal’, to fake your own keypad dialog.

Well, maybe they can just live with a tiny keypad for a little while. There’s a showstopper bug for me that’s keeping me from upgrading to v8 (ticket 122253 if you’re interested). Well, that and the reluctance to go through another learning curve + potential breaking changes to be solved. I’ll work up the nerve at some point (after 122253 is fixed).

It is good to know that this will be a perk of upgrading though :slight_smile: