Numeric Text Field - Real Setpoint

Trying to use a Numeric Text Field for a Real / Floating point on a screen. Ignition 7.7.4

I have the Data properties set to “Float” and have a binding on the float value, but when I type any number on the OIT it just sends gibberish down to the PLC.

Not sure what I am missing.

The value in the AB PLC is a REAL and I am using UDT’s and Templates in Ignition - with the tag type set to FLOAT4.

I have tried using Double as well with no luck.

What PLC and driver are you using? When you dragged the tag into Ignition did was the tag type already detected as float or did you have to change it yourself?

Compactlogix - Logix Driver 1.7.5-rc2 (b2015052612)

I had an issue with the Logix Driver earlier about 1 month ago and that is why I am at 1.7.5-rc2

It was an Integer to start with, so I changed the UDT in both the PLC(REAL) and Ignitions Data type structure.(FLOAT4)

Okay, I think the tag is stuck as an int in the OPC-UA server. Try restarting the UA module.

I will give that a try after they shutdown - Now that I have made the change they are running and I am having to change the setpoint for them in the PLC.

Kevin, That fixed it.

Will remember now when changing tags to do a restart of the OPC module.

-Dave

[quote=“DSI600”]Kevin, That fixed it.

Will remember now when changing tags to do a restart of the OPC module.

-Dave[/quote]

I think it’s only going to be necessary if you change the datatype of the tag after the driver has already browsed the PLC.

Adding and removing tags should work without a module restart.