Numeric Text Field Units

Hi There,

One thing I’d like to see is a Units property for the Numeric Text Field input component. The Numeric Label component has exactly what I’d like to see, but it is not editable. This would give windows that have both the input and display components a more consistent feel, and it would make the Numeric Text Fields a little safer for operators to use when there are several close together with different units. Currently I’ve been appending a short label right next to the input box, but this appearance is not as clean as the Numeric Labels’.

Thanks!
Charles

The units can be added to the Decimal Format Property.

One of the things I’ve noticed is that entering a value does not update the format upon hitting the Enter key, and the cursor remains in he field. If focus is taken away from the field, it then updates.

That being said it works fine in Touchscreen Mode.

Ahh… Excellent tip - that does just what I was looking for.

I’m not 100% sure I understand your next statement though. Do you mean in the HMI after you enter a value and hit enter the additional format doesn’t come up? It does for me but it takes a few seconds. I assumed it was because it was writing to a tag and needed a bit of time to refresh.

Thanks again for the help