Numerical Keyboard Popup

I am using designer to make screens for a customer. They have requested just numerical entry screens when entering data into the appropriate location (numeric text fields). Right now, the only thing that comes up is the default Window touchscreen (which is nice for alpha characters). How can I get a strictly numeric input screen to populate when selecting the numeric text field?

FYI... I am not savvy when it comes to ignition and Java programming (although I am trying to learn as I go). Thanks in advance.

Vision or Perspective?

I'm searching for the same thing. Since he didn't answer, let me respond...

Vision

I'm trying to mimic a sister machine with a Red Lion HMI (to simplify operator training). There has been a few challenges that I've overcome, but I can't figure this one out. This project is using Ignition Edge, running on a Windows 10 On-Logic PC, with a touch screen. I'd like to have a numeric keypad pop up when the operator touches a numeric entry screen. Help?

Been a bit since I've done a vision touchscreen project, but these might help.

1. Make sure the project/client is in touchscreen mode so that the keyboards open in general. If its not enabled, I think it leaves it up to the operating system on if a keyboard shows.
  2. Otherwise this function might help if you add it to the click/touch event on the component - system.gui.showNumericKeypad - Ignition User Manual 8.1 - Ignition Documentation

Thanks! I checked the boxes in properties and tried it...

Numeric popup appears, yeah! But it is HUGE on the screen. I'm halfway there. I just have to find the properties that make it smaller.

1 Like