OEE calculation in Ignition

How do we calculate OEE in ignition gateway is there any way for OEE calculation in ignition

Hi There are many ways to calculate. My approach is to get tag values from PLC and store it event wise. e.g. PO change, Hour, Days etc. OEE can be calculated at the same interval by script and stored as History tag or transaction group/DB bridge. Later you can query the data to display.

It can also be calculated using the formula applied by script on performance data. The question is very general you can share more details and many people would be helping here in this forum.

Yes sure. We get it by writing the formula in the script and creating the tag details independently Is there any other way like fetching the availability performance and quality from the database in ignition gateway ?

Is the information available in the gateway? How have you stored it? Machine run time / availability is usually easy to record and calculate. Rate should be easy to calculate from the run time and production counts. Quality you can get if the machine has reject counters but if the operator rejects parts as well (after visual inspection, for example) then you need to input that data into the database.

You'll need to explain that. Most of us would calculate OEE from a database, not from a tag.

Note my OEE works are all Vision, none of my customers have asked me to do it in Perspective, yet.

1 Like