Omron CJ2 PLC E Memory Access

I am new to ignition and am still running the trial version for R&D. However, I have hit a snag. Per the User Manual, I should be able to access all the Extended Memory areas of the PLC. I get a Bad quality and value showing on the tags created for E memory areas E10 through E18. There are no issues with E00 through E0F. Any help in this area would be a great help.

Thanks.

Find the logger you get searching "FinsReadRequest" and turn it to DEBUG. See if there's an error code logged in the Ignition Gateway logs after that.

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Diagnostics+-+Logs#DiagnosticsLogs-ChangingLoggingLevels

The Error is below. Not sure what it means.

Okay, according to the FINS spec/manuals this means:

A correct memory area code has not
been used or Expansion Data Memory
is not available.

Can you get a Wireshark capture of one of these reads? I'm not sure how else to verify that the correct memory area code is being used. Otherwise it means these memory areas aren't available for some reason.

Another version of the manual has slightly different text:

The specified word does not
exist in the memory area or
there is no EM Area.

suggesting you may be addressing a word offset that doesn't exist in that memory area.

I downloaded Wireshark. I have attached a screenshot of the PLC memory area map showing the usage of the EM addresss.

It only gives this error when accessing E10 to E18 memory areas. Setup of address areas appears to be the same, but I am not sure if I have the structure correct.

Manual shows only two characters are used, but I get this when a "1" is present in the structure.

Can we focus on one single address in an EM area that doesn't work? Every screenshot you've showed me has been something different. I can't correlate logs to wiresharks to configuration if you keep jumping around.

Turn that logger to DEBUG, start a Wireshark capture, browse to an EM tag in the OPC Quick Client in the Ignition Gateway and do an explicit read. Note the address, make sure you see a corresponding error in the logs for that same address, then stop the capture.

My apologies. Here's what I get from the Quick Client.

From the Debug

This is E Memory Area E10_1000 (Extended Memory area E10 offset 1000)

The WireShark didn't capture anything. I'm really not sure how this works. I am using my PC to run Ignition before we run it on our server.

You should just need to select the network adapter that is able to connect from your PC to the PLC and capture on that:

If you can't eventually get the Wireshark capture, call support and they can help you out. Pre-purchase support is available.

Sorry. This is what was displayed after properly selecting the appropriate connection.

Pretty sure you're going to have to save that and send it to IA.

Sorry guys. I mainly only deal at the PLC level. Learning this is admittedly outside my area of expertise.

Well, I think this could be a bug in Ignition, I'm going to ask QA if we have any of the PLCs set up with EM at 0x10+ and see if it's broken for us as well.

It would still be useful if you could attach or DM me that Wireshark capture.