Omron NJ PLC using FINS/TCP Cant See Tags

Hi all,

I am using Omron NJ Driver for my Omron NJ101 PLC to read/write tags in Ignition. The response time is very slow (4-5 secs) e.g. any button for turn off/on. Could be a network-related issue.

On the side, I decided to test the response time using the FIN/TCP driver but I can't see tags from the Omron PLC. I already imported the config tag file from Omron in the 'address' of the device connection.

Am I missing something or it's not possible to do so?

These are my setting in Ignition and Omron PLC for FINS/TCP:

The import/export format for the FINS driver is just a simple CSV format. The file you import for the NJ driver will not work.

First column is the name/path for the tag. Second column is the address, in the format described in the user manual. FINS does not allow you to address tags by their symbolic name that you see in the PLC. It's a name/path assigned to an area and absolute address.

The entire mapping page is optional. You can also just manually create tags in the Ignition Designer, with an OPC Item Path that uses the addressing syntax.

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Omron+FINS+Driver#OmronFINSDriver-Addressing

You might also find my alternate EtherNet/IP driver helpful:

Based on my lab results, and some user reports, it is blistering fast. And does not need to have any tag list imported--it browses the NJ processor's global tags (except non-published).

1 Like

Thanks guys. I am having a look into it. FINS/TCP works a bit faster for some reason but not ideal as I'd have to recreate all tags with addresses.