Omron NJ Questions

All,

I have worked on a few deployments with Omron NJ PLCs. This latest one is causing a decent amount of trouble, and we are not sure as to why.

Included is an image of one of the wireshark capture. We are seeing some embedded service errors and would like to know if y'all have seen the same.

Also, we are using the ignition (inductive's) NJ driver. The communication is running through an EIP21 card. *I am also testing the 3rd Party Automations Professionals driver, but I will post those Questions in the 3rd party forum?

It is showing you the tag names that failed. Do they not exist? Are they set to not published?

{ Feel free to post related questions about my driver in this topic. }

Oh, here is the fun part... this is an intermittent problem. They are published. We will run several parts through the line, and then see some of our handshakes fail, or take several seconds to complete.

Have you looked at the diagnostics for the connection? You might just be choking performance-wise. (My driver is many, many times faster than IA's driver, and automatically browses, too.)

In truth, we have used the base driver for several applications with minor issues, all solved, using the same overall project architecture/scripts. This application is just causing a large amount of trouble. We initially suspected chatter until we isolated the network ignition was communicating with the equipment on.

One item of note is that the suppliers loaded up the equipment with 3 EIP21 cards (not sure what that was for).

I am going to into the 3rd party section shortly, Still working on that post. I am getting booted while testing the 3rd party driver.

IIRC, these aren't as fast as the built-in ports. But they support bigger class 1 buffers, if you need that.

Alright, just posted in the 3rd party forum.

Also, posted up in the 3rd Party forum with questions regarding your driver. I believe it only works through the CPU ethernet connection and not the EIP card connections. (only through the CPU eth port am I getting any luck with it sniffing out tags). I believe that is stated in the documentation though.

The class 1 operations (not the generic client) do work with the EIP21 cards.